COVID-19 – Can I Still Send My Child to Playgroup, Tuition or Enrichment classes?
We understand your concerns. Based on the current situation, there is no need to take your child out of the class as doing so may disrupt your child’s routine, learning and development. During this time of the Covid-19, your child may feel confused, anxious and scared. Letting your child go to a familiar routine class will help them to feel calm and safe, especially when he/she can meet his/her friends and teachers. The below precautionary measures will be in place to keep our school safe for our students and these measures are according to the advisories provided by the Ministry of Health. To assure parents and guardians, we would like to share with you the precautionary measures that we have taken to ensure the health and well-being of our students.
Temperature screening and health checks
- Parents will take child’s temperature before he/she comes to class.
- Even before the outbreak of Covid-19, teachers have been conducting stringent health checks and temperature screening upon the arrival of every student and visitor.
- Detection and isolation of any child or staff who are ill, and to advise them to see a doctor immediately.
- If a child has fever, cough or runny nose, parents will bring the child to see a doctor and let the child rest at home until the child has recovered.
Good environmental hygiene
- Clean frequently touched surfaces, toys and commonly shared items at least daily and when contaminated by nasal or oral secretions.
- Good personal hygiene practices for children and staff by washing their hands frequently with soap, wear a mask if they have a cough or runny nose, cover their mouth with tissue paper when coughing or sneezing and avoid touching their faces with hands.
Leave of Absence for child with any household member who is on Home Quarantine Order
- 14-days Leave of Absence will be implemented for students with any household member who is on Home Quarantine Order. The Leave of Absence is aligned to the period of the household member’s Home Quarantine Order.
- Parents should inform the school immediately if their child is living with person(s) on Home Quarantine Order.
- All parents and students who have visited Mainland China, Northern Italy, South Korea and Iran within the last 14 days are not allowed to enter the class.
- With effect from 4 March 2020, the Singapore government has extended Stay Home Notice (SHN) to all Singapore Residents, Permanent Residents and work pass holders with travel history to Mainland China, South Korea, Northern Italy, Iran or any subsequent region announced by MOH in the last 14 days with immediate effect.
- Parents must inform the school if child is living with a household member issued with Stay-Home Notice.
- Casual visitors are restricted. Only visitors who are needed to support the running of the class may enter the premises. If it is necessary to have a visitor in the class, temperature checks and travel declarations will be obtained.
- All visitors who have visited Mainland China, Northern Italy, South Korea and Iran within the last 14 days are not allowed to enter the class.
Travel declarations for all staff, students and visitors
- Parents with students/ staff / visitors who intend to travel overseas, or have returned from overseas, should declare their travel plans and travel history (including the city(s) of travel) to the school promptly, and follow other instructions from the school.
Let’s continue to work together to keep ourselves and the school safe and healthy. Thank you.
Edufarm Learning Centre