COVID-19 – Can I Still Send My Child to Playgroup, Tuition or Enrichment classes?
We understand your concerns. Based on the current situation, there is no need to take your child out of the class as doing so may disrupt your child’s routine, learning and development. During this time of the Covid-19, your child may feel confused, anxious and scared. Letting your child go to a familiar routine class will help them to feel calm and safe, especially when he/she can meet his/her friends and teachers. The below precautionary measures will be in place to keep our school safe for our students and these measures are according to the advisories provided by the Ministry of Health. To assure parents and guardians, we would like to share with you the precautionary measures that we have taken to ensure the health and well-being of our students.
Temperature screening and health checks
- Parents will take child’s temperature before he/she comes to class.
- Even before the outbreak of Covid-19, teachers have been conducting stringent health checks and temperature screening upon the arrival of every student and visitor.
- Detection and isolation of any child or staff who are ill, and to advise them to see a doctor immediately.
- If a child has fever, cough or runny nose, parents will bring the child to see a doctor and let the child rest at home until the child has recovered.
Good environmental hygiene
- Clean frequently touched surfaces, toys and commonly shared items at least daily and when contaminated by nasal or oral secretions.
- Good personal hygiene practices for children and staff by washing their hands frequently with soap, wear a mask if they have a cough or runny nose, cover their mouth with tissue paper when coughing or sneezing and avoid touching their faces with hands.
Let’s continue to work together to keep ourselves and the school safe and healthy. Thank you.
Edufarm Learning Centre